1. I drink my coffee black.
Makes life so much easier, unlike that of Husband, who has a terrible fuss if he can't have real half and half (not non-dairy creamer, not milk, not cream). The key is good coffee. If it can't be had, I'll have tea.
2. I love living in the the SF bay area but would throw it all away for a cabin in the Sierras (log, please). Like Jen Yu, I'm a cold-weather being. I love that cold, crisp intake of air and the smell of the mountains. Did you know that Truckee, CA is the coldest town in the U.S. year round? Snowy in the winter and doesn't get really hot in the summer. That would work for me, keeping the hotflashes nicely under control. Also, have you heard about the predicted invasion of pythons?
Yep, they're coming to a bay area neighborhood near you. Because it's a climate that works so well for them.
They eat alligators, goats, and like, and whereas I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mess with me, they might eat my kid, and then where would I be?
The SF Chronicle's article notes that
In California, the only safe places to avoid the migrating pythons would be the colder areas—the Sierra, the Cascades or the North Coast.OK, let's go!
And let's face it: I look better in ski clothes than a bathing suit.
3. I hate Costco more than almost any place on earth. The pre-packaged prepared foods, the horrifying imported produce, the toilet paper bundled into packages the size of refrigerators, the lines. I just don't get it.
4. I read cookbooks in bed and wake up in the middle of the night unable to go back to sleep until I decide what I am making for dinner the next night. Think there's a connection?
5. Although I put off having a child until my late thirties (not terribly into babies, you know) there is no person I'd rather spend time with than my almost-eight-year-old daughter: shopping, eating out, cooking, hiking, skiing, although when it comes to the last I'm at her mercy for keeping up. Thank the gods she's kind.
So following Jen Yu's lead, I'm to tag five other people I'd like to know more about.
1. Katie at The Wasatch Report. You and Jen need to meet up in cyberspace. To do some skiing. And introduce your dogs.
2. Gwendomama. I already know a zillion things about her, but other people should too.
3. The nut who writes a play a day & lysteria, one of the only men to ever comment on my blog. Come out, come out. And of course I want more publicity for the Bush McCain hug, which he also features on this blog in a fun game of Caption It.
4. Angelina at Dustpan Alley, because she's the only person I know engaged in urban homesteading, which she does with amazing insight and style. I want to know more.
5. Kate. Because the more I read, the more I like. Muddled, undefined thoughts in my mind appear on her blog in articulate, compelling prose. If you want to know what I wish I had said, give her a visit.