Thursday, December 6, 2007

My husband nails the gift

This year I am receiving for Christmas, my birthday, and anything else that needs acknowledgment THIS:
NASTC's Luna Chix at Squaw Valley
January 14-16, 2008

A team of elite women ski instructors and guides chosen by the partnership of NASTC and LUNA to give you the ultimate ski training experience. This team has been specifically chosen for their ability to create an atmosphere that is all about having fun and learning new skills in an all-female supported environment. The LUNA Chix of NASTC will facilitate an empowering ski experience at NASTC's premiere venues around the world. Here, you will be involved with a community of like-minded women who value quality education and support to get you to that next level.

We will explore all Squaw has to offer in a safe, supportive, yet challenging environment. Even if you usually ski and take lessons with men, you will enjoy this for its magic and uniqueness, and you will bring your skills up a level! $XXX includes 3 days of instruction from the top female instructors, 3 days of lift tickets, tech talks, and 1 dinner.

My husband's idea is that following this class I will ski like this:


Really, he does. And he comes up with the craziest ideas.

Or maybe he's just trying to get rid of me. I thought that before when he bought me this for my birthday a few years ago ('cept mine is a lovely midnight blue):



I thought I was getting a new front-loader washing machine, which would have been much safer. But he has more faith in me than I have in myself, and I am still here after all.

No comments: