Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Getting out the Christmas books

Sophie is home sick from school. So she's wrapped up in a blanket on the couch, with a box of tissues near by. I've built her a fire, and we got out the Christmas books, many of which she can actually read to herself this year. Here's a line-up of our favorites.

Leave a comment and let me know what's your favorite Christmas (or other winter holiday) book. Any suggestions on books for us to add to our collection?

















My favorite is this one. It cracks me up every time.



And this year, we added this to the collection:


Unlike me, Olivia is a gal who knows how to accessorize. She would have done well at the Lori Bonn sale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" by Barbara Robinson is one of my all-time favorites, though your daughter might not be ready for it just yet.

My Mom used to read it to me every Christmas (long after I was able to read, myself). It's the hilarious story of the horrible Herdman children, who take over the church Christmas pageant. To this day, my Mom, a junior high school teacher, will describe some of her more unruly kids as the Herdmans -- but just to me, of course!

Diana said...

Auntie Claus by Elise Primavera. Spoiled Sophie's eccentric Auntie Claus teaches her the meaning of the first and final rule of Christmas: It is ALWAYS better to give than to receive.


I try to drum this into my Wii and American Girl obsessed children.