Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I've been tagged . . .

by Libby over at Schoolbooks & Shoes for the Weirdness Meme. So here's five things that make me weird:

1. The toenail drawer: When we were growing up my parents kept a toenail clipper in the drawer of a nightstand by their bed. The key is that the nightstand opened by folding the door down. Whenever someone was up for a clip, they would sit on the edge of the bed, fold down the door and clip their nails, letting the nail clippings fall onto the door. THEN—in what can only be described as total grossness—we would fold up the door, toenails and all, and go on our way. But one day the toenails were GONE! My siblings and I all freaked. Where were the toenails????? My mom had vacuumed them up. We were just horrified.

Ok, I think that's bad enough to count for two items. So I'm going on directly to 3.:

3. Libby's story about worktime boredom reminded me of this: Years ago I shared an office a co-worker, who like me was very efficient at his job. We had lots of time left over. We started a garden of houseplants in our window. We established a complaint chair (anyone was welcome to come sit in it and bitch while we would smile and nod sympathetically). We spent over an hour on the phone being passed around the corporate office of a food producer to find out what exactly is xanthium gum, an ingredient in my bottled salad dressing. On reflecting that perhaps we would have more fun working for a different national nonprofit association, we decided to investigate the National Association of Snack Foods. We wrote them a letter and asked for more information. Said we would like some recipes. Received a wonderful package of literature, coupons, and recipes. Those were the days. I do have a more interesting job these days, but I also have my blog. Well, thank goodness, eh?

4. I loooooove Christmas music. The cheesier, the better. I could start listening to it in July.

5. And finally there's this:
You Are Eggnog

Rich, sweet, and probably a little drunk. Everyone who knows you tends to get a little fatter.

I don't know about rich, but the rest of it is pretty spot on. And funny, since I've been into eggnog cookies and eggnog pancakes these days.

2 comments:

Libby said...

Okay, #1 totally counts for two! Although in cleaning out my inlaws attic D. and I once found a jar belonging to his brother. In the jar: toenails and a tooth!! Still makes me shudder to this day.


How fitting that you're eggnog. :)

Anonymous said...

I actually think No. 1 should count for three items! : )