Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A new job for John McCain

I've been thinking lately that this president business might not work out so well for Mr. McCain. Apparently, others agree.

A friend of mine visiting from New Zealand reports that John McCain has been written off by the British press already, noting that the conservative rag to which her mother subscribes had a column that included the observation "He couldn't possibly be president, but he'd make a superb garden gnome."

Of course this sent me immediately scrambling on the internet for a picture of John McCain wearing a pointy red cap. I searched all variations of "mccain garden gnome" to no avail. It's upsetting; I cannot get the image out of my mind.

But I found these. What do you think?


Yeah. I think that will work just fine. 

8 comments:

Deb said...

We could send him around on a journey around the country and document each visit on our blogs! If he is a garden gnome, what is Cindy? I know! She could be Chucky...remember that posessed doll that was in horror movies?

Maria said...

My grad student center's mascot is the gnome, he might not be that welcome, but at least he can have a home.

(ooo that RHYMED!!!)

MsMVNJ said...

Oooh, look at those red eyes...is that his true personality coming through?

Broady said...

The red eyes are a nice touch. Those liberals sure are a clever bunch ; )

Kate said...

I was thinking nursery school teacher...the number of times he says "my friends" a day, I start to feel like we're all a bunch of naughty children he's trying to lull into behaving;)Love the pics.

Kimba said...

We need someone who is steller at photoshop!!!!

lisagh said...

Never fear, Kimba... I've already sent Cin a little prezzie :)

Jackie said...

I love gnomes even more now.