You're probably wondering why anyone would give me a reward. Let's review the requirements for this one:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude. Totally. I am a major candy ass.
2. Must love one another. That's me. I love people who probably don't even like me. Although I'm not sure I love Tickled Pink and Green. But, damnit, I'm trying to.
3. Must make mistakes. Certainly. I've got a hot temper and a big mouth. Bad combination.
4. Must learn from others. Gladly.
5. Must be a positive contributor to the blog world. Well, I'm glad at least a few agree. I do try.
6. Must love life. Yep. Thinking you might lose it does wonders for this perspective.
7. Must love kids. You know, I didn't used to. But then I had one. This afternoon, there were three kids (only one of them my own) running through my house and screaming at the top of their lungs, and I didn't mind. So I must love them.
So here's proof I am capable of playing by rules:
1. Link back to the awards creator. [Check.]
2. Post the rules if you receive the award. [Check.]
3. Choose five people to receive the award. [Keep reading.]
4. You must fit the characteristics of the award. [More or less. See below.]
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient. [OK!]
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others. [That's what I'm doing.]
7. You must thank you giver. [That's right! I will!]
Thank you! You make me smile too. I'm in perpetual awe of teachers. I can't imagine having a job where I have to be on to the extent teachers do. You don't have the option of slamming your door, letting voicemail pick up the phone, and waiting until you're good and ready to read email. Thank goodness there are people in the world like you. I may deal with adults who act like children, but you work with the real thing. That is so much more important.
For the pass-along part of this award, I bestow the Smile Award on the following new bloggers. These bloggers may not be new to everyone, but they're new to me, and I've been happy to add them to my community.
1. Midnight Madras. When things got ugly here on Figs, you spoke your mind loud and clear, but when the dust settled, you reached across the aisle and demonstrated that whereas we can disagree on politics, we find common ground and be friends. You are an example for all of us, particularly in these times.
2. Becs Bohemia. I'm relieved to find that someone of my politics appreciates the pink and green. They don't own it; it belongs to all of us. Welcome to the blogosphere! You're off to a great start.
3. Bowl of Cherries. Because even though you know that life is not, you go one anyway, with what I can only imagine is a smile on your face. Plus I like your dog.
4. Feeding Groom. Because of the jam. And so much else.
5. Purple Flowers. Back when I was a commenter only, one of my favorite bloggers threw down the gauntlet and challenged me to start my own blog. Almost a year later and many friends richer, I'm glad I did. Your turn to take the plunge, Flowers.