Friday, January 18, 2008

Getting to know me

Monica and Kerry (blog private for the moment) are playing, so I'll play too.

1. What is your occupation? Editor.

2. What color are your socks right now? Black (underneath black boots).

3. What are you listening to right now? The clacking of my computer keys.

4. What was the last thing you ate? Oatmeal for breakfast.

5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes. My dad wouldn't let us learn to drive in anything but. He wanted to be sure we could get in any car and drive away. Smart guy.

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Hmmm. Being one of those nuts who really doesn't have a favorite color (I like them all!), this is tough. And I can't get my mind off how good crayons smell. Better even than wet cement . . .

7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My friend Eric. My husband has known him since elementary school, and he met his wife , a friend I met through my book group, at our wedding. We were making ski trip plans.

8. How old are you today? 45.

9. Favorite drink? Cosmopolitan.So tasty, and aren't they pretty?

10. What is your favourite sport to watch? Downhill skiing.

11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes. I'm a highlighted blonde.

12. Favorite reality TV show? None. I really don't get them, and aside from a little news, we really don't watch television.

13. What was the last movie you watched? Atonement.

14. Favorite day of the year? Maybe Christmas Eve?

15. What do you do to vent anger? Yell. Loudly. Using bad words.

16. What was your favorite toy as a child? A teddy bear named Little Bear.

17. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Fall.

18. Hugs or kisses? Hugs.

19. Cherries or blueberries? Cherries.

20. Do you want your friends to email you back? You mean when I email them? Only if they've got time. I'm not upset if they don't. I know everyone's crazy busy.

21. Favorite dessert? Apple pie.

22. Living arrangement? House with husband, daughter, cat, turtle, and a few fish.

23. When was the last time you cried? Can't remember. But I laughed a few minutes ago.

24. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes. Mostly boots and athletic shoes. The nice ones get to live in a hanging rack.

25. What did you do last night? Got fitted for new ski boots (a two-hour plus endeavor). Yahoo!!!

26. What inspires you? People who are kind for no reason.

(I guess 27-29 were cut)

30. What are you afraid of? Something happening to my daughter.

31. Plain, cheese, or spicy burgers? Not a big burger person, but I'd have to say cheese.

32. Favorite breed of dog? I'll probably never have one, but I love Rhodesian Ridgebacks. So sleek and regal, and I'm told they don't shed or bark much.

33. How many years at your current job? 12.

34. Favorite day of the week? Saturday.

35. How many states have you lived in? 4: California, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C., then back to California.

36. Celebrity crush? George Clooney.

37. Ever driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? No, but I ride a Piaggio motor scooter to work. I've always wanted a motorcycle, but this is probably about as close as I'll get.

38. Who is your favorite NFL team? That's football, right? N/A.

39. Do you have a house phone that is not cordless? Yes—in the kitchen.

40. 10 inches of snow or 100 degree weather? No problem there: I'll take the snow any day. Hot weather makes me feel ill.

No comments: