Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sophie wants to grow up

What evidence do I have of this? After all, she still wears elastic waisted jeans. She still comes in our bed in the morning for a snuggle. She still has me brush her hair in the morning. And she still wants to hang out with me on weekends.

But then I found THIS in our basket among her loot from the dollar bins at Target.

"Do you know what this is???"

Yes, it's a lint roller.

"We don't care about lint. Why do you need one of these? Do you think this is a good use of your allowance money?"

Well . . . . Grandma and Grandpa always have them at their house. So I thought it would be very grown up to have a lint roller.

"No! Put that back right now! You are nine years old!! You are not old enough to have a lint roller!!!"

Thank goodness she is still little enough to have said "Ok, Mama."

6 comments:

lisagh said...

At least she's thinking about the future :)

Planning ahead = smart girl!

Purple Flowers said...

At least it wasn't lipstick!

sabi said...

hey, i have lint rollers to remove dog hair from the ceiling of my car...big doggie

that's very domesticated of sophie, thinking about tidiness and all.

Kim said...

You crack me up.

Anonymous said...

I second the comment from Purple Flowers - at least you aren't having to deal with a desire for make up!

cancersucks said...

It could have been a lot worse! Maybe you can give her one for her 10th birthday!