Sunday, July 19, 2009

A new toy!

After dithering over kayaks on the REI website and deciding we really couldn't afford the kayak we wanted (2-person, skirts, rudder), especially considering how often we would use it, we decided we simply did not need another expensive, large toy

But we still wanted one. Enter the wonderful organization Save the Bay, which decided it did not need a small fleet of kayaks, since it had finished work on the site for which they used them (they're using canoes for their remaining sites). They were happy to sell their used kayaks at very reasonable prices, and we were able to pick out just what we wanted. 

Sophie has announced that she wants her next birthday party to have a "fishing theme." She and a few friends would go out on kayaks and  . . . fish. Could this child possibly be related to me?? I like to paddle and be out on the water but HATE to fish. I suppose I could pack them a picnic. With a fish theme. 

3 comments:

Laura said...

I went through a fishing phase around the age of ten...it passed quickly as I discovered that fishing is a relatively boring pasttime. I'm sure she'll grow out of it before you know it!

Purple Flowers said...

Sophie is cute, and I like her idea. Have fun on your kayak - great summer fun!

Debie Napoleon said...

I like how they are recycling the kayaks and making back some money to continue their projects. All a good deal!