Wednesday, September 17, 2008

May we please lift the moratorium?

On cookbooks, that is. I have so many. I also have print and online subscriptions to Cook's Illustrated. And issues of Bon Appetit keep showing up in our PTA's post office box, which means they are mine (part of my hazardous duty pay, I think). I am not supposed to be buying any more cookbooks until I have cooked my way through all the ones I have.

But I thought an exception might be made for this cookbook,

which was reviewed in this morning's San Francisco Chronicle's food section.

Oh, well. If we can't lift the moratorium, I can probably settle for the Brown Turkey figs that are very slowly ripening in our front yard. Pictures to come.

8 comments:

Kate said...

The cover photo & title make it too perfect to pass up;) I have put myself on a "one in - one out" policy as far as cookbooks are concerned - it was getting ridiculous - but I know there will always be new ones that I want too.

Ben and Bennie said...

Totally off the subject but any follower of Sara Benincasa & Diana Saez is a friend of mine. Giving you some link love darling!

sabi said...

actually, those are mine...from when we bought the coffee pot. teehee...

Purple Flowers said...

The article in the SF Cronicle has me wanting to buy the book. The recipes sound simply delicious! Think of this purchase as an alternate to the "fig" plates you saw at Anthropologie. It's all good!

Angelina said...

I don't even love figs (except dried) but now I want this too-just for the beautiful pictures.

I covet another cookbook which is called something like "China-beyond the great wall" or something similar.

I love cookbooks.

Belle said...

I love cookbooks. That one you need. I'm going to confess something to you. The only figs I've ever had were in a fig newton. I know. I've really got to get out there and try new stuff. I know I'd love them.
Have a great weekend!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Is it feeding your addiction to tell you that I get the best deals on practically new cookbooks at my local used book shop? I'm talking a few bucks for hardly used (or sometimes very used but that doesn't bother me- reminds me of my grandmother writing notes in the margins) hardcover books for $2-5.

tommie said...

I thought of you today....A blog I read(Tongue in Cheek)...had a fig- almond jam recipe:

http://willows95988.typepad.com/tongue_cheek/2008/09/fig-almond-jam.html

I don't know how to make it a link...but here is the addy. It looks yummilicious!