Anywhoo, no—he's on a Dude Trip. Meaning that he took off with his dude friends for a long weekend of skiing, camping, hot springs soaking, and hiking at Mammoth. One of the dudes is turning 50, so the shebang is in celebration of that. And even though this means that Husband skis and I don't (something I usually do not tolerate), I was happy to send him off on this trip for several reasons:
- I love all these guys. If I weren't married to Husband, I'd probably marry any of them.
- It's going to be butt ass cold at night. I sent Husband off with both of our bags to use one inside the other, and I'm still worried he'll be cold.
- I'm really not interested in putting on a pair of cramp-ons and climbing half a day to bag a run I can barely ski anyway.
- Every once in a while a dude needs a dude trip.
- As I noted, they will be skiing, and I will not. (He took the racks off my car and put my skis in the closet. Sniff!)
- They will be in the eastern Sierras, which I really love, and I will not.
- They will be soaking in wild hot springs (the ultimate for wilderness camping: you get into your bag at night clean), and I will not.
Me: I notice Eric thinks you are driving the CRV. Which is my car.And then a little later:
Husband: Yes, we're thinking about that. Would that be ok with you?
Me: Sure. It would cost much less in gas than your truck.
Me: You realize don't you that if you take my car I will have to drive your truck while you are gone.Right. With a carpool load of kids to school. And over the bridge to Marin on the weekend to take Sophie and a friend to a party. Duh. So he's gone now. In his truck.
Husband: Yes, I had thought about that. That will not work. I do not want you driving my truck.
Me: Are you aware that our life will not come to a sudden halt because you are not here?
Husband: Can't you just ride your scooter?
Stay tuned for the exciting plans Sophie and I have for the weekend. We're starting off with her sleeping in Husband's place in our bed. As she said "We can sleep in a hug all night." Good night.