Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fig vodka update

After just a few days, look at the beautiful color!



And if my sinuses didn't feel like someone had sealed them up with cement, I could probably tell you that it has a wonderful sweet, earthy aroma. But I can't. All I can tell you is that no matter how virtuous I feel when I buy tissues made of from recycled paper whitened without chloride bleach (if every household in the U.S. replaced just one box of regular tissues with these, we could save 283,000 trees!), the Kleenex brand ones probably made from virgin old-growth forest and infused with lotion and aloe vera ("not recommended for cleaning eyeglasses"—duh!) are just the bomb.

But just ask me again when I am enjoying this over ice in a month or so.

4 comments:

carolyn said...

very fun to see you and sophie the other day.if you want to get together some time and make mince meat I'd be up for that...or yummy (really!!) dried fruit cake.

Purple Flowers said...

I'm willing to bet that is going to taste mighty good. Your husband certainly has a Keeper! He is the recepient of good and tasty food and drink. And you can tell him I said so! :)

Trevor Sis Boom said...

OK dear. I have just added another pound of figs to my shopping list. I think I will invent a fig cocktail in your honor. . .

Cindy said...

Carolyn: Great to see you as well! Let's do fruit cake! I'll email you.

PF: Thanks--I will be sure to remind him.

Trev: I love being a fig influence! A cocktail in my honor would be fab.