I could just weep. Do you know what this is? Mini marshmallows, shredded coconut, various kinds of canned fruit (we live in California, for christsake—why would anyone eat canned fruit??), sour cream, and I think Cool Whip (cannot believe I just typed those words). I hate ambrosia!!! It is gross!!!!!
So do I point out that everyone else hates ambrosia too? Well, I guess that is not really true. After all, she likes it. Maybe other people do too. But probably not. The "not if it's too much trouble!" did not work. Ambrosia is coming to dinner. Along with my MIL. At least we all really do like her.
So what else are we having? In addition to various appetizers, yet to be determined,
- Roast turkey with gravy
- Whole cranberry sauce (I always can a bunch this time of year)
- Cranberry relish (Lisa is bringing this)
- Stuffing with sausage, apple, and chantrelles
- Buttermilk mashed potatoes
- Corn pudding
- Sauteed green beans (my friend Matt is bringing this)
- Smoked king salmon (Jim is bringing this—he wanted to smoke my turkey, but I told him no because of the stuffing and gravy issue)
What's your Thanksgiving favorite? Would you eat ambrosia?